Sunday, December 1, 2013

Monday Motivation: December #1



Hey everyone! I feel like I haven't blogged in a long time! I hope you all had a lovely weekend. If you celebrated Thanksgiving, I hope it was fun for you! Sadly, where I'm from, it's not a tradition but it still didn't stop me from appreciating the things I have and am thankful for. On that note, I'd like to dedicate today's Monday Motivation post to everything that has to do with being thankful!

A while back, I stumbled upon an app called 'Gratitude' and it opened my eyes on how it's so easy to take the things we have for granted. Most of the time we don't realize the things we're already blessed with because we are being blinded by the things we still don't have. When I opened up this app, it came with one simple instruction and that's to just list down three things I'm thankful for at the end of every day. It can be absolutely anything! By practicing this every night, I found myself taking the little things that happened throughout my day into thought that I wouldn't have done otherwise, and reflecting on them. It opened up a whole new perspective on my life. By doing this, I was able to just be grateful for the many simple things I'm blessed with. So, instead of thinking of what I didn't have, I focused my thoughts on the things I do have and allowed myself to be thankful for them. Having a grateful heart doesn't always mean being thankful for all the good things that come your way, it also means understanding that bad things also happen to you to make you appreciate the good things going on in your life.

If you're feeling like you have nothing to be grateful for, please think that thought over again and I'm sure you will find something. My challenge for you right now is to find one thing you're grateful to have today and be thankful for it! You can step it up tomorrow and choose one more thing and keep going as the days go by. The key is to make this a habit! Overtime, you will find yourself a much happier person, I can guarantee it! ;) 

If you're alive, breathing and reading this, that's already one reason to be grateful. I wish you all have a lovely week ahead!

Kisses,

S


No comments:

Post a Comment