Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Back to School Outfit Ideas!




Hey everyone! I'm not sure if it's too late to post this but I figured since it's back to school season, it's still appropriate! Today I'm gonna be sharing some outfits that you can use for ideas for when you go back to school shopping. Going back to school is not exciting for most (if not all -_-) people but hey, it'll give you a reason to go shopping! Most of you probably already have similar items in your closet, so this post can hopefully give you some ideas to put outfits together.

Back when I was in high school  I always had to wear a uniform so I'm not very familiar with high school dress codes (sorry!). However, when I was in college, even though we had a uniform, they gave us Wednesdays as a day "off of uniforms". So basically, we could wear whatever we wanted granted we stay within the dress code. My school's dress code was no short shorts, mini skirts, tops with spaghetti straps or racer backs. Back then, whenever I wanted to wear a short skirt, I'd wear leggings underneath (this was circa 2007 but believe me, I'm cringing at the thought of this right now!!). Anyway, if your school's dress code is anything like mine, these outfits will work just fine! :)

I wanted to create a variety of outfits that can fit different styles so I put together some pieces from two of my favorite stores right now (H&M and New Look)! If you have branches of these stores anywhere near you, I suggest you pay them a visit! If not, no worries, all these things can be found online as well. The links to all the items featured can be found on my WantWorthy list.

H&M


Edgy Pup
This first look has a monochromatic feel to it but the burgundy skirt gives the whole outfit a nice pop of color! I added a spiked cap to give this outfit more of an edge. I know some schools are strict about caps/hats so you can easily omit that if you wish!


Cat Lady
I am absolutely in love with this cat dress! I actually tried this on at the store and it's perfect length for school. I added a blue slouchy cardigan and black ballet flats to dress it down for school. This outfit is perfect if you want to look put together but still be comfortable.
Casual Warrior
I don't know about you, but every time I put on combat boots I feel like a warrior. It sounds intense so I wanted to create a whole look around these boots. I paired this elephant muscle tank with pleather jeggings and topped it off with a white cardigan. I finished this off with a nice structured leather backpack.


TGIF
This last outfit from  H&M pretty much resembles the look I would resort to when I was in college. Pair your favorite band tee with light wash skinny jeans and sneakers. A flannel ties this whole look together.

NEW LOOK

Summer Daze
This outfit is for all the girly girls out there! I paired this sunshine yellow dress with a light wash denim jacket, a pair of lace wedges and a gold collar necklace. The neutral colored tote bag is large enough to hold books and goes perfectly with any outfit!

Pastel Princess
Fall is just around the corner but that doesn't mean you have to say goodbye to pastels! I love pairing pastel colored things with white. For this look, I worked around the floral blazer and added a blush pink cami to wear underneath. I finished it off with simple white trousers and a pale grey handbag. My favorite part about this look are the heels! These kind of heels instantly make your legs look longer but if you're not feeling like wearing heels, you can easily trade them in for a some comfy ballet flats. This outfit, in my opinion, would be perfect if you're having a presentation and want to look professional but not like you tried too hard, ya know? ;)

Day Dreamer
I feel like peter pan collared shirts were made to be worn with skater skirts! I paired this cute peter pan collared shirt with a denim button down skirt. I felt that this outfit would look so cute with this pair of cut out oxfords! I accessorized with a double strap watch and a metal tipped white bow! 

'Fall'-ing for You
This last outfit is something I would personally wear on my first day. It's simple but still looks put together. It's also a nice little outfit to welcome the fall time with. I just paired a white peplum top with dark wash skinny jeans and some ankle boots. A picked out a statement necklace and a satchel with similar colors to tie everything together.

I hope this post got you a little excited for school! Will you be recreating any of these look for back to school? Let me know in the comments below! Also let me know which outfit was your favorite! Whatever grade you're going into this year, I wish you all the best of luck!! 

Kisses,

S


No comments:

Post a Comment