Thursday, October 31, 2013

What I Loved in October!



Unlike September, October was actually quite a good month for me. I find this to be ironic since most of my family members were away and I imagined it would get lonely but it actually felt really nice to have time for myself. I'm not sure exactly why but I felt so at peace with life and with everyone around me this whole month that I'm a little saddened that it's coming to an end. Until then though, I'd like to share some of the things I've loved this past month.

Being alone

I know I seem like a complete introvert by saying that I enjoyed being alone but sometimes, you just need exactly that! It felt exquisite to just relax and listen to music and read books and do whatever it is I wanted to just because I could!

Music

Since my family was away, I spent most of my time at home listening to music to keep me occupied (I hate silence, it creeps me out!). I put up a blog post recently with all the songs I've been enjoying but if you missed it, you can read it here

Food

My favorite thing to snack on this month has been apples dipped in yogurt! It might sound like an odd combination, but I promise you it tastes divine! :)

Online Shopping

So this month, I discovered the beautiful world of online shopping. It's been both a blessing and a curse, but I like to think it's leaning more on the blessing side. What I personally like about online shopping is that you can literally shop in your pajamas! There were also many great deals going on and I managed to buy some cute things that I'll be sharing in a post soon!

Cat phone case

I got this kitty case from Accessorize a few months back and I finally put it to use this month and I was very impressed by the quality! It's light and doesn't feel bulky at all (at least for me) but it protects my phone really well. It's also super cute so that's a plus! ;)










Thatsojack

I discovered Jack's YouTube channel a few months ago but it wasn't until this month that I really watched his videos. He doesn't have a particular style of videos so they're mostly random BUT they're hilarious and that's what I love about them. Here are some of my favorites: How to Tell a Guy You Like Him, My Fangirl Experience, My Celebrity Stalking Experience. You can check out his channel here for more videos!

Apps

As I mentioned above, some of my family members flew out of the country and what I really enjoyed using to talk to them was FaceTime. The quality of the audio and video is fantastic and it literally makes you feel like you're in the same room! I feel stupid for not discovering this earlier.

Another thing I loved this past month is iTunes Radio! Although it has it's flaws and crashes sometimes, the song registry is up to date and very impressive! My personal favorite stations include 'Pure Pop' and 'Praise and Worship' radio.

Wattpad is another application I found myself obsessively using this past month mainly because of the next thing I will talk to you about. It's a nifty little app where you can download and read over millions of free books and stories.

After (fanfiction)

Last but definitely not the least, probably my favorite out of all my favorites, the After fanfic. I wrote an entire blog post where I basically pour out all my emotions towards this story and if you're interested in reading that, you can check it out hereI'm pretty sure the last time I read a fanfic, I was about 14 and I thought that would be the end of it so naturally, I was reluctant to start with this one, especially since it also sort of revolved around One Direction. I thought it was going to be pretentious and a waste of time but I still gave it a chance for the heck of it. It completely proved me wrong and I am now so attached to the story, it's actually ridiculous. Young (well I don't recommend this to really young people) or old, Directioner or not, I can guarantee you will enjoy this story!


I can honestly say that this past month has easily been my favorite so far. Sometimes the simplicity of things are what makes them very special. I hope you all had an equally great month, if not, better. What did you love most about October? Tell me in the comments below! I'd be happy to read about it!

Kisses,

S

2 comments:

  1. A lovely sum up of the month! I've really enjoyed the simplicity of my duvet this month. It's just been the best way to round up the day: warming myself under my quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean especially now that the weather has started to cool down! :)

      Delete