Saturday, January 11, 2014

What I Loved in December!



While 2013 proved to be a whirlwind of emotions, the month of December, fairly enough, held up to be quite a stable one. It was one of the few months this past year that didn't just breeze by me. I was able to appreciate the days it held and within those days, I fell in love with a lot (and I really do mean a LOT) of things and that's what I'm going to be sharing with you guys today! This might be a wee bit of a long post so brace yourselves!

VLOGMAS & BLOGMAS

I followed a ton of people's activities this month and it was surprisingly very entertaining for me! If you don't already know what vlogmas or blogmas is, it's basically people vlogging/blogging every single day until Christmas day. I don't know, it was really fun to keep up with other people! I'll link the people I kept up with below.


For Vlogmas:

For Blogmas:

Books

Earlier this month, I pulled out my Kokology book that I used to love playing with and started to use it again! It's a really fun way (in my opinion!) to get to know people's personalities through simple questions that you can ask them! I definitely recommend checking it out if you can!

The second book I enjoyed reading this month is Looking for Alaska by John Green. I actually just finished it this past week and wow, beautiful is an understatement. In true John Green fashion, the ending may not appeal to a lot of people but it worked for me. It's a really captivating story that will definitely make you laugh and maybe possibly, tear up a little! It also made me a little bit angry at one point but nevertheless, I really enjoyed this book! I would say it's a little similar to The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold so if you enjoyed that one, this one will be right up your alley!

Music

It was a good month for music in December. Naturally, I listened to a lot of Christmas music but aside from that I discovered a new song by Amanda Seyfried called 'Little House'. Have I been living under a rock all this time and not known that Amanda could sing!? Her voice is hauntingly beautiful and I’m literally obsessed with this song!

Also, We the Kings dropped their newest album 'Somewhere Somehow' earlier this month and I've really been enjoying it a lot! I've been a fan of their music for years now and this album didn't disappoint. Some of my favorite tracks include 'Sad Song', 'See You In My Dreams' and 'That Feeling'.

Pinterest

Pinterest is like a little Pringle crisp in a way that you can't just look at one picture and leave. Safe to say, I've been spending a ton of my time this past month on there! I have the app on my phone and it's super easy to use (hence why).  If you're still not familiar with what Pinterest is, it's like your very own cork board that you can use to pin anything from the Internet. You can also browse other people's boards and easily re-pin anything you like from there.

Hot chocolate + marshmallows

I don't even need to elaborate any further, do I? ;)

Products

I didn't even realize how many things I've found myself enjoying this past month until I put together this post! So please just bear with me guys, okay? :)



I'm not entirely sure why, but I've been breaking out a lot lately and these three products have really helped calm my skin. I use the St. Ives Green Tea Scrub and the Lush Tea Tree Water every day and the mint mask twice a week (sometimes more, it depends on my mood!).



As for lip products, I think I used these two pretty much every day! When I wanted something a little darker, I would go with 'Berry Ready' which is a beautiful raspberry color from Maybelline's Color Whisper line. I love the formula of these lipsticks! They remind me of Revlon's Lip Butters except these are more moisturizing. Speaking of lip butters, I've also been loving 'Pink Truffle' from Revlon. It's sort of a pink/muted brown color that I think goes with everything!



Something I also enjoyed doing this past month was filling in my eyebrows! I use Milani's Brow Kit in 'Dark' and I love it because it blends in perfectly with my hair color and looks very natural.



I've also been trying a new mascara that's outside of my comfort zone! Yes, I have a comfort zone for mascaras if you're wondering and they solely revolve around Maybelline. However, I've started using L'OrĂ©al's Lash Out Butterfly Mascara and it turned me around! The formula and brush are both incredible and they leave my lashes looking so full and long! If you're looking for a new mascara to try out, I'll recommend checking this one out!



The next three things I want to talk about have all found a special place in my heart! First off, can we talk about the Merry Cookie candle from BBW!? It smells just like the name and whenever I light it up, it makes my room smell like a bakery! I love it. 



I was walking around H&M one day, and I saw this cat phone case and you all know how I am with cats so of course I picked it up BUT wait because this one actually is holographic!! I know right - what!!!?



Finally, the last thing I have to show you guys is very special to me because it's actually from one of my patients from work. She got me a little souvenir from her trip to Paris! Honestly, I freaked out a little (okay maybe a lot) because I'm obsessed with the idea of Paris and I've always dreamed of visiting one day. So, the fact that she remembered me while she was there really means a lot to me! 

Well, this brings us to the end of today's post. I hope it wasn't a drag to read! I just had a lot of stuff I wanted to talk about and hopefully you found it somehow interesting! December was overall a great end to my 2013 and I'm looking forward to what the new year will bring ahead. How was your December? What was your favorite thing/memory about it? Leave it in the comments below and I'll be glad to read it!

Kisses,

S

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you enjoyed my Blogmas - thank you SO much for the mention! :-) Looking for Alaska makes my heart happy, despite the heart-breaking moments in the novel. I particularly enjoyed reading about the patient that bought you the Paris keyring. It's so lovely to read that they took the time to remember that about you which also means you deserved someone remembering it!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always so sweet! Thank you very much!!

      Delete