Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Advice to My 16-Year-Old Self



16-year-old me was a girl who was quite negative and very unsure of herself. Inspired by the book "Dear Me: A Letter to My Sixteen-Year-Old Self", I wanted to write some advice that I wish 16-year-old me could've received at the time.

1) You're beautiful, despite what society tells you. Everything you think is 'wrong' with you is only setting you apart from the rest of the world.

2) You have more potential than you sought yourself out to believe. By all means, follow your dreams and don't let anyone else decide your future.

3) Black eyeliner does not make you as cool as you think it does!

4) Enjoy going to bed early. Sleep will become a luxury you won't always be able to afford!

5) That boy you're crying over? There's going to be a lot more of that ahead. Take everything as a learning experience. It's all preparing you for something amazing. You're going to realize that you're actually much stronger than you believed.

6) Finally, you're just a kid. It's okay to make mistakes. In fact, it's the perfect time to make them. Lighten up, and don't be afraid of going out of your comfort zone once in a while. You'll discover great things!


What piece of advice do you wish you could give your younger self? Share it in the comments below! I like to think I grew up and became wiser but the reality is that sometimes, I still see that same unsure 16-year-old girl when I look into the mirror some days. We're all still growing up and I can attest that even though I'm turning 23 tomorrow, I still can't say that I know absolutely everything there is to know about the world and I guess that's the best part about growing up - not knowing and always finding out.

Kisses,

S


Posts from My Birthday Week!
Day 5: When I Was Young: Favorite Book Series
Day 6: Advice to My 16-Year-Old Self
Day 7: It's Just A Number


No comments:

Post a Comment