Friday, June 6, 2014

What I Loved in April (&) May!



The thing with time is that it doesn't stop for anyone, no matter how unprepared they may be. I can't believe we're halfway done with 2014 already!! Isn't it crazy how it just breezed by us!? Well, I hope you're all doing amazing nonetheless! I missed putting up one of these posts for April and I'm a little OCD when it comes to things like that so I'm combining it with this month's post! ^_^

Music

The first thing I want to talk about is music! Over the last two months, I discovered a lot of new music that I've really been enjoying! I actually worked together with The Girl in the Moonlight and we guest posted on each other's blogs sharing our favorite songs for Spring. If you missed those posts, you can check them out HERE and HERE! Specifically, music from Us and Dan + Shay stood out a lot to me.

Kiehl's Hand Salve


I've previously raved about Soap & Glory's Hand Food and although it's still one of my favorite hand creams, I've found another worthy opponent. This one however doesn't leave a scent behind so I've really been loving it! It sinks into my skin flawlessly and really nourishes and soothes it.

Pink Sun Kissed Body Mist


I think this scent is the epitome of summer! It smells of coconuts and vanilla and every time I put this on, I can almost feel I'm on a tropical island sipping on piƱa coladas. Ah.

Clarisonic Mia



My Clarisonic has been showing me a lot of love these past few months! Early this year, I started to break out really bad and it was mostly hormonal break outs. I've been using this together with my Aveeno cleanser to wash my face every night and it's been working really nicely for me so far! It leaves my skin feeling really clean but not tight, which of course is always a great thing.

Forever 21 spiked sandals


I basically live in these shoes now. They magically go with any outfit I put on so I've really been getting a lot of use out of them.

Banana soy shakes

I've been making myself one of these "soy" shakes for breakfast every morning and they're the perfect thing to start your day with. I'm aiming to have a recipe up on my blog sometime soon! Fingers crossed I get around to it haha!

Support stockings

This might be a little random but if you have to stand for multiple hours daily, you know that these babies are life savers! Varicose veins aren't cute, guys!!

Demi Lovato's book - Staying Strong

I'm absolutely in love with this book! The closest thing I can describe it to is a best friend who gives you little motivational messages every day. Some days, the messages speak to me directly -  it's both crazy and amazing at the same time. I'm always recommending this to everyone I talk to,

Crime and Investigation Games

I don't know why it took me this long to find out about this genre of games but now I'm completely hooked! I have three in particular that are my favorites to play right now. CSI: Hidden Crimes, Another Case Solved and Hidden Objects: Mystery Crimes. They're all free on the iTunes store so definitely check them out!

TV Shows

First off, can we talk about how The Carrie Diaries was cancelled?!! It was one of my favorite shows and frankly, I don't know why they would do that. I mean, hi Austin Butler?? However!! Another one of my favorite shows, Awkward, is now back! Sadie Saxton is literally my spirit animal! Also, I started watching Faking It and I've really been enjoying that too! They're both on the MTV network is you're interested!

The Wayans Brothers Comedy Show

My siblings and I are literally obsessed with the movie 'White Chicks' so when I found out that Marlon and Shawn Wayans were coming to Kuwait, I completely flipped out!! Of course, we HAD to go see them! The show was absolutely hilarious and totally worth it. Wil Sylvince (a stand up comedian whom I previously have not heard of!) opened up the show and he was incredible. I definitely recommend going to a show if they're coming to your city!




Taking Risks

It's really true when people say that you never know your true potential if you don't push yourself and take a risk. I've been taking a lot of risks lately and thankfully, they've pushed me to better places. So please, don't be afraid to go out of your comfort zone once in a while. You'll never realize your potential if you keep playing it safe.


Okay! I'm done with my pep talk and possibly the longest post in my blog history. I've truly missed getting to sit down and type down my thoughts so I apologize if this was too long for you! If you're reading until here though, thank you and I hope you got something out of this! Let me know in the comments below all the things you've been enjoying lately! I hope you all have a lovely month ahead!

Kisses,

S


1 comment:

  1. The body mist sounds magical! I hope all goes wonderfully for your risk-taking!

    ReplyDelete