Sunday, May 18, 2014

Monday Motivation: May



Hey guys! I've been horrible at taking care of my blog lately and I could stay all day listing down reasons but I won't! I've found that since I started my new job, I don't find myself having as much free time as I used to. It's not a bad thing though because I've finally found a place I'm comfortable with. It was a little challenging when I first started because everything was completely new to me and I would have to learn on the spot. With everyone experienced around me, I couldn't help but feel a little...stupid.

Early this year, I started reading Demi Lovato's book - Staying Strong, and I came across a chapter a few weeks ago that I believe was no accident and I feel was written just for me! I wanted to share it with you today just in case any of you are going through the same thing.

April 22 
"Remember how far you've come, not just how far you have to go. You are not where you want to be, but neither are you where you used to be." - RICK WARREN 
Most of our lives move at such an accelerated pace we don't always have the time to stop and reflect on how far we've come. We are usually too busy looking ahead. But it's so important to keep checking in with yourself. We change all the time. It's easy to get caught up feeling dissatisfied with where you are when you don't take the time to appreciate how far you've come. You don't have to be exactly where you want to be, but the fact that you are on your way is remarkable. Good things and progress take time. 
Goal: Make today all about celebrating how far you've come in your life since last year. What is something you've changed in your life that you are proud of?

I highly recommend checking out Demi's book if you can! There are motivational messages, like the one you read above, for every day of the year. It's pretty awesome. Anyway, I hope you had a nice weekend and I wish you all an even better week ahead! :)

Kisses,

S


No comments:

Post a Comment