Tuesday, July 22, 2014

My Top 10: 'The Fault In Our Stars' Quotes




So, a couple of weeks ago, I voluntarily let myself on an emotional roller coaster and went to see The Fault In Our Stars. I was anticipating the release of this movie for quite sometime now and I'm happy to say that it did not fall short of my expectations! It's been quite a few weeks already but I'm still so attached to the story, I felt it only necessary that it makes a feature on my blog. 

In today's post, I wanted to share my most favorite quotes from the book! Feel free to share your personal favorites in the comments below! :)

1) “I’m on a roller coaster that only goes up, my friend.”

2) “That’s the thing about pain, it demands to be felt.”

3) “As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.”

4) “I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I’m in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we’re all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we’ll ever have, and I am in love with you.”

5) “Oh, I wouldn’t mind, Hazel Grace. It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you.”

6) “My thoughts are stars I can’t fathom into constellations”

7) “You have a choice in this world, I believe, about how to tell sad stories, and we made the funny choice.”

8) “You don’t get to choose if you get hurt in this world but you do have some say in who hurts you.”

9) “Grief does not change you. It reveals you.”

10) "Okay?" "Okay."

 “The voracious ambition of humans is never sated by dreams coming true, because there is always the thought that everything might be done better and again.”

 “Dad always told me that you can judge people by the way they treat waiters and assistants.”

 “The marks humans leave are too often scars.”

♥ “You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I’m grateful.”

I may have had to cheat a little and give you more than 10 but I couldn't help it! If you're looking for something to read this summer, I would highly recommend checking out this beautiful book by John Green. I keep re-reading it and I still gush over the story every time! :)

Kisses,

S



2 comments:

  1. Number five is probably my favourite! :D This post made me smile a lot. A lot, a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The world is not a wish-granting factory." has to be mine. Oh and welcome back! :)

    ReplyDelete