Tuesday, May 6, 2014

My Top 10: Scents & Memories



Scents can be very nostalgic, at least to me. They have the power to bring me back to a specific memory and it's quite surreal and amazing at the same time. Today, I wanted to talk about my most favorite scents and the memories associated with them!

1) Coffee. Mmmmm! I'm not a huge coffee drinker but I adore the smell so much! There's something about it that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside which is a little strange since most of the memories I associate with coffee include all nighters and school.

2) Roses. I'm talking fresh roses, the kind that just whisper sweet notes that you can only hear with your nose. One of my all time favorite shower gels is Rose Jam from Lush and it wreaks (I mean it in the best way!) of roses and ughhhh it's SO good!

3) Chocolate. I mean, of course. When I was younger, I would dream of opening up my own little chocolaterie, kind of like the one in the movie 'Chocolat', mainly because I'd always have a reason to be around chocolate! 

4) The beach. The smell of the water, sand and sunscreen combined bring me back to summer and I always associate that with some of my favorite memories!

5) A Lush shop. The smell of a Lush shop can be a little overpowering for most people but it smells like soap heaven to me! I give myself little Lush treats once in a while and they truly make me so happy!

6) Freshly cut grass. This might sound odd, but I really do enjoy the smell of grass! When I was in college, my apartment was close to a lot of greenery and I don't know, this particular smell just reminds me of mornings where I would just walk to school and enjoy the sunshine.

7) Peppermint. Hands down, this has to be the scent that relaxes me the most! Peppermint, naturally, reminds me of Christmas time but mostly, it takes me back to nail salons and massage spas!

8) Bread. Another one of my dreams included owning a bakery! Baking is one of my favorite things to do and there's really nothing like the smell of a freshly baked loaf of bread.

9) Garlic + Coriander. Coming from a Lebanese family, garlic and coriander are two of the most popular ingredients in it's cuisine. When these two are being cooked together, it creates one of the most amazing aromas that instantly makes my mouth water!

10) Citrus fruits. Specifically tangerine, lemon and grapefruit! They carry a ton of summer memories but also, they're one of my favorite scents that I like to wear all year round.

This post was a lot of fun to write and I hope you enjoyed reading through it! I'd love to know what your favorite scent/s is/are! Tell me in the comments below.

Kisses,

S


1 comment:

  1. Oooo, all of these scents make me happy! I loved this post! I can't think of any other scents that make me happy because all of these are the definition of happiness!

    ReplyDelete