Sunday, April 27, 2014

Monday Motivation: April



One of my favorite things about blogging is the ability to make an impact on someone with just words. I started this 'Monday Motivation' series last year with that idea in mind - to inspire people to live

I once read that you can be alive but not living. Personally, I think to really be living, you need to do things that make YOU happy. Today, I want to share something that happened to me early this month. I've been working the same job for almost two years and initially, I loved it but as time went on, it felt like I had to drag myself to work. I thought that everyone felt that way so I pushed through it. I kept looking forward to the weekends, or rather 'weekend' since I only got to have a day off. What I was doing didn't excite me anymore and more importantly, it didn't challenge me - I was doing it just for the money. I took a month off work and on my first day back, I had an epiphany, if you may, and said to myself "what are you doing?". I wasn't enjoying what I was doing anymore and it wasn't making me happy. So that day, I decided to quit my job. At the time, I didn't know what I would do next but I knew it didn't feel right staying there anymore. Since then, I found a job in a different field and it seems like a right place to be. It's been really challenging so far but I'm excited to learn and just see what this chapter of my life holds for me. 

Long story short, I just wanted to tell you guys that if something isn't making you happy, stop doing it. It really doesn't need to be more complicated than that. I'm not just talking about a job. Whether it's people, things or situations that's making you unhappy, find the courage to allow yourself to let go of them and finally give yourself a chance to truly be alive.

On a much lighter note, I hope you all are having a lovely day, wherever you are! I missed doing these motivation posts and I hope today's post helped you somehow! If not, please enjoy this video of a beluga whale being serenaded by a Mariachi band.


Kisses,

S


1 comment:

  1. I love that you stopped what was making you unhappy and I'm so glad that you're enjoying your new challenges!

    ReplyDelete