Monday, March 24, 2014

What I Loved in February!



Hey everyone! I know I’ve gone on a little hiatus these past few weeks and this post is way overdue but I thought I’d still put it up anyway. I’m currently on holiday and I’ve really been enjoying being lazy (obviously) that I couldn’t even bring my fingers to type up a post. However, here I am now so let’s talk about all the great things that I found myself loving last month!

Baking

Wow, did I do a lot of baking in February! I tried my hand at baking my first red velvet dessert (you can see the outcome HERE)! Baking is one of the few activities that I can work on for hours and it still manages to relax me.

The Spectacular Now (Movie & Book)

I first heard Megan Parken talk about The Spectacular Now in THIS video and I was immediately sold when she mentioned it being similar to the likes of A Walk to Remember, which is one of my all-time favorite movies. Of course, I checked it out for myself and I completely fell in love with the story. I read the book first and then saw the movie. I personally like doing it this way but I guess you could see the movie first if you wanted to because the stories are slightly different, but equally great. I’m the worst at summarizing stories without giving the entire plot away so that's all I'm going to say about it!

Apps

OKAY so I finally climbed on the band wagon in February and downloaded Flappy Bird. Easily, I got sucked into it. My high score is currently 27! (Yesss, I am actually very proud! ^_^) Since Flappy Bird was removed from the iTunes store, a ton of similar apps came out but my favorite ‘spin off’ app would have to be Fall Out Bird! It’s even better because Fall Out Boy songs play in the background of the game! Personally, the little Pete floating head gives me the most luck! ;)

When I updated to iOS7, one of my favorite things included with the update was the weather app! Like come on, how cool are the graphics whenever there’s a thunderstorm or snow or even a starlit sky?! Anyway, since then, I’ve found another weather app I’ve come to love and it’s the Yahoo! Weather app. It’s more precise than the one Apple offers and although I don’t get the satisfaction of seeing animation across my screen, it’s still pretty decent.

Okay the last app I want to talk about today is the Akinator! I was introduced to this by my sister and honestly, I was a little freaked out by it at first! I couldn't understand how an app could literally know who I was thinking about but now I love it! It's a paid app but it's so fun, it's worth every cent!

Dry Brushing

The idea of dry brushing may come off as weird at first but it's actually flowing with benefits! I only recently started dry brushing and I'm loving the results so far. I'm actually thinking of making a whole blog post about this!

YouTube

Generally, I watch a lot of YouTube videos but I've enjoyed watching two people in particular this past month - Meghan from meghanrosette & Arden from ardenrose186. They're both really sweet girls with unique personalities and their videos are super entertaining to watch.

Music

Finally, for music, I've gone back to an old favorite band - Fall Out Boy! They dropped an album, Save Rock and Roll, a while back but I only got the chance to listen to it recently. My favorite songs off of this album are 'Young Volcanoes', 'Alone Together', 'Miss Missing You' and 'Save Rock and Roll'.

I hope you all are enjoying this month so far! It's been amazing to have time off work. I will be back next month with more posts, hopefully! Love you all. ♡

Kisses,

S


No comments:

Post a Comment