Sunday, February 23, 2014

Monday Motivation: February #4



Okay how is it that February is already coming to an end? I did not even feel last week go by at all! Hey, I'm not complaining though because you know what? March is coming up and I FINALLY get to go on holiday!!!! (I could keep going on with the exclamations I promise you.) So as much as I hate to see this month end, I cannot wait until next month! 

Anyway, enough about me! All day yesterday, I was thinking of what I wanted to share in today's post and you know how some days you have a thousand thoughts/second and some days it's just blank? Yeah well I currently have a thousand things I want to talk to you guys about and although normally that's a great thing, I'm scared that if I attempt to put it to words, it'll all end up as a ramble, kind of like what's happening right now! Today, I really wanted to talk about something that's been on my mind for a while and it's all about fitting in. So let's just jump into it okay? :)

In a world where everyone is trying to fit in, the best thing you can do is to just be yourself to stand out. You know, whenever I meet new people, the thing that helps me remember them right after is when they have a unique personality. No two people were created alike, and that's the thing that fascinates me. I always look for that something in someone that makes them stand out and sometimes I even point it out to them to let them know how unique they are! So if there's something quirky about you, embrace it instead of trying to hide it! It's what makes you different. Don't waste your time and energy trying to be like everyone else because in all honestly, there's just one of you and that's what makes life interesting and exciting. Just be yourself, "embrace the weird" because let's be real, 'normal' is so boring.

I've also decided to share a few quotes on this topic!

"There are people who are generic. They make generic responses and they expect generic answers. They live inside a box and they think people who don't fit into their box are weird. But I'll tell you what, generic people are the weird people. They are like genetically-manipulated plants growing inside a laboratory, like indistinguishable faces, like droids. Like ignorance."
- C. JoyBell C. -

"I think fitting in is highly overrated. I’d rather just fit out... Fitting out means being who you are, even when people insist that you have to change. Fitting out means taking up space, not apologizing for yourself, and not agreeing with those who seek to label you with stereotypes."
- Golda Poretsky -

"If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be."
- Maya Angelou -

I hope you all have a fantastic rest of the month!

Kisses,

S


No comments:

Post a Comment