Saturday, December 30, 2017

So long, 2017!

Closing off a year always leaves me with mixed feelings. For one, it makes me feel so grateful when I look back on all the wonderful things I was able to experience and accomplish in a span of 12 months however it’s also accompanied by feelings of disappointment attributable to some of the poor choices I made this year.

Is it possible to find yourself but then lose yourself again? I started off 2017 knowing exactly what I wanted (or so I thought) and I sit here today wondering where that person who was so sure of everything is. It’s scary to think that you can be so sure about something one moment, and then you’re not. I want to believe I can trust myself in knowing what is good for me, but it’s proven to be quite the challenge. Growing up, I’ve always been thought to focus on the positive and it’s honestly the only thing keeping me going at this point; the belief that there is always, ALWAYS, something to be thankful for.

In a lot of ways, 2017 helped me grow as a person, teaching me things in the most un-gentle ways. Franklin Roosevelt once said, “A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.” I’m hanging on to a thread of hope that all the storms of 2017 have run their course, and will hopefully allow me to embrace 2018, buoyantly. Happy New Year, my dear readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment