Friday, April 12, 2013

Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes! ♥






Have you ever been stuck in a situation where you have absolutely no idea what to get for someone who has everything? Last week, it was my mom's birthday and I found myself stuck, yet again, in this situation. After hours of thinking, I finally stumbled upon this idea on Pinterest and decided to give it a whirl. I was pretty happy with the outcome and so was my mom! So, today, i'll be going through all the steps on how to make these cute little ice cream cone cupcakes that are perfect for a birthday or any occasion really!


Things you'll need:


♥ Muffin tin

♥ Measuring cups and spoons
♥ Aluminum foil
♥ Mixer
♥ Mixing bowls
♥ Piping bag/giant zip lock bag
♥ 12 pieces of flat-bottom ice cream cones - I used Keebler (found it at The Sultan Center!)
♥ 1 box funfetti cake mix (any brand) - I used Pillsbury 
   Cake mix box calls for vegetable oil, eggs & water (exact measurements stated on box)
♥ Cream cheese frosting (see recipe below)
♥ Variety of toppings (I used fresh strawberries, sprinkles, kit kats, funzels and m&m’s among other fun things!)


Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F).

2) Take a sheet of aluminum foil and wrap it on top of the muffin tin. Poke small holes in the center of each of the muffin holes using a skewer or any sharp object.


3) Using your fingers, exaggerate each hole making it big enough for the cones to fit in snugly. This will hold your cones in place and will prevent them from tipping over while baking.


4) Prepare cake batter as directed on the box and divide batter evenly among the ice cream cones (two-thirds full). Make sure not to over fill the cones otherwise the batter will bubble over!


5) Once finished filling all the cones with batter, pop them inside the oven and bake for 20-23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.

6) Using a fork, poke the bottom of the cupcake cones lightly to allow some of the steam to escape. Cool completely for 30 minutes to 1 hour.


7) Once completely cooled, the fun can begin! Frost your cupcakes using a piping bag. If you don’t have a piping bag available, take a giant zip lock bag, place frosting inside and snip off one of the corner edges and frost away! After frosting, decorate as desired!






Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe:

♥ 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
♥ 1/4 cup butter, softened
♥ 1 cup icing sugar
♥ 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Makes enough frosting for 12 cupcakes



Directions:


In a mixing bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until a creamy consistency is achieved. Mix in the vanilla. Gradually stir in the icing sugar. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Here are a few more pictures from my mom's birthday...


I decided to make a small cake out of the remaining batter I had. It was my first time to ever frost anything so excuse the chubby handwriting! :3


And there's my mom about to blow out her birthday candles!


This was how I styled my hair for the day! I got this bow from Forever 21 a while back and it remind me so much of the bow emoji on my phone! :)


We had dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe and I got this giant delicious veggie burger! It was really good, I finished the entire thing!


♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥


Kisses,

S


No comments:

Post a Comment